At Nature’s Way Pest Control, we provide humane bat removal and bat proofing in Albany, Saratoga, Lake George, and as far north as Plattsburgh NY. We also work with the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department to help document bat colonies, and provide bat control in western Vermont.
Our bat pest control services include:
- Bat Removal
- Bat Proofing
- One Way Values
- Attic Clean Outs & Restoration (Sanitize & Sterilize)
- Bat House Installation
About Brown Bats
The little brown bat is now considered an endangered species in many states in the Northeast, including Vermont. This is because of the white nose syndrome that has spread rapidly, virtually eliminating the species.
More Facts About Bats:
- Bats are mammals NOT rodents
- Size: Approximately 4 inches in size with a wingspan of approximately 10 inches
- Lifespan: Up to 25 years
- Food source: Insects
- Teeth: Very small, sharp little teeth. They are capable of biting mammals and transmitting rabies, if infected with the virus
- Reproduction: Females mature sexually in approximately 8 months
Females typically re-infest the same roosting sites year after year, usually in late April. They will produce a single baby, which is fully grown and capable of flight in approximately 4 weeks. As bat pest control specialists in the Albany area and Adirondacks, we typically hear from homeowners in July, when the baby bats start flying. They have a tendency to get lost on the way back in or out of an attic and end up in area homes. “Bat season” in Upstate NY and VT continues until late October, when the bats leave for hibernation in a nearby cave.